Thursday, October 22, 2009

Firsts...

So today I had my first mid-term. It was in cell physiology and I passed it. It was a brutal test, only a little more than half of the class passed and there was only one, just barely, A. The professor takes pride in being difficult. He cares about what kind of student is turned out from school. I'm happy with my grade for a first exam and I am looking forward to trying and getting a higher grade the next time around. I have a lot of exams next week and I am getting ready for them. I anticipate that I will be doing very well on them.

Today was also my first chiropractic adjustment by my intern. My intern is a great guy and he really seems to know his stuff. I had some discomfort and with the adjustment it is now non-existent. The real test is time. If he did things right then I should be free from the discomfort and not need him for my complaint. I'll keep seeing him of course cause I want to have my nervous system checked out and maintained while going to school. My intern told me he was going to adjust my back, but failed to mention or I suppose I failed to catch, that he was going to adjust my neck. He warned me about the back because it was near the kidneys and some people have complained about some minor pain after the adjustment. It wasn't painful but if he hadn't warned me what he was doing I probably would have yelped. I get startled pretty easily, you can ask my wife who on numerous occasions has scared me so bad that I couldn't breath properly. My lacking of breathing was very funny for her so much so she had trouble breathing due to laughter. The adjustment was quick and powerful. I guess the best way to describe it would be like your best friend sneaking up behind you and giving you a hard shove. The neck adjustment really caught me off guard.
He was checking my neck, I just thought as a post adjustment exam, and then he twisted my head at on odd angle. I had seen the TV shows and I barely had time to register that my head was going to be twisted off like a bottle cap from my neck. In that same instant I realized I had to let my guard down so my intern could do his job and he gave my head a good twist and released a plethora of pops from my neck. The slight headache that had been niggling at the back of my head was gone. Fantastic part was TV was still fiction and my neck was not snapped. This may have to do with the fact that my intern is a chiropractic intern and not a green beret's apprentice.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad school is going well for you and that you still have your head after your encounter with the intern!! I could use a back adjustment, but I don't trust people around here to pop my back. Haha. Love you bro. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete