Friday, October 30, 2009

A universal truth, midterms, and halloween

Well I'm half-way through my midterms. More studying to do but there is a bit of pressure off the system now. Also I've copies of my x-rays that my intern took. It is way cool, definitely halloween material. Here at Life Chiropractic College West Halloween is a big deal. There are pumpkin carving contests and costume contests and so on and so on.

I've meet with my intern three times and I feel really great. I had some lower and mid back pain as well as tension headaches. I have really bad posture (something my x-rays show in the neck) and I just attributed everything to that. Well after my first adjustment my dull aching lower and mid back ache was gone and my headaches are following suite. Three separate complaints and all are being taken care of in a natural holistic way.

I've been hearing the term "cold laser" being thrown around here on campus and I'm still not sure what it looks like. All I know is that the interns carry it around in a plastic box. Anyway my intern used it today. surprised me really. It was cold, as the name suggests, but it was really penetrating. He only had the cold laser on me for a little bit but I could feel it really deep. It was also a very focused cold and that may be why it felt so deep because I was aware of the depth and not the area.

Again today we spoke of the wonder of the human body. There is a universal truth among the health care fields. The truth is that the human body is a wonderful self healing organism. There is no dispute among the professions about the self healing nature of the body. Our body has the final say about whether or not the healing process is going to take. Chiropractor and Medical doctors just have different ways of aiding the process. Most of us know how the medical model works but few of us know how the chiropractic model works. The reason for the chiropractic method being unknown to the general public is because of the chiropractors. We tend to preach to ourselves about how cool chiropractic is, but we kind of miss everyone else.

Well I want to share a little about chiropractic here. Chiropractic helps allow the body to respond with the natural healing processes at its disposal. Our body's know what it needs. Like keeping a car properly tuned allows for the best performance of the vehicle chiropractic can help maintain the body in good health. Chiropractic is concerned with the functionality of the body. Instead of treating symptoms (IE pain) we treat the cause of the symptoms. There are a lot of interesting idea's in the philosophy of chiropractic but really the the core of it is the body takes care of its self and chiropractors try to aid in maximizing the process.

1 comment: